This week we are celebrating two major holidays: the Jewish Passover and the Christian Easter. Both come at the beginning of Spring because they hold the promise of redemption and resurrection—the flowering of the soul as it seeks the light and grows in consciousness.
The ritual meal of Passover, called the Seder, is designed as a journey from darkness to light. Seder means “order,” and its significance lies in God’s order for how to proceed from spiritual slavery through purification and on to spiritual freedom, as shown by God’s redemption of the Israelites from Egyptian bondage. One part of the story involves the sacrificial lamb whose blood on the doorway to a home indicated that God would “pass over” that house and the firstborn would be spared. In Christianity, Jesus became the lamb who sacrificed himself so that others would be saved. Then Jesus took it one step further and ascended bodily to heaven. Usually the term “ascension” (as used by religions) applies to those who enter heaven while still alive, such as what is called the “assumption” of Mary. In the case of Jesus, he died, was resurrected, and then raised bodily to heaven.
What does ascension have to do with your own spiritual journey? It’s not being raised bodily into heaven, but that does serve as a symbol of what ascension means for the spiritual seeker: moving up the ladder of spiritual growth and having the ascension experience of merging with the Clear Light of God (while still keeping your physical body). So in fact there are two types of ascension: spiritual ascension involves the liberation of the soul, while physical ascension has been reserved for a select few souls who have mastered all the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual aspects of life and are able to take their bodies with them into the higher realms.
Think of ascension as the process by which you eventually transform your material desires and habits, thoughts and emotions, into the spiritual desire and pursuit of liberation and God-realization. This takes place through a series of initiations, like many of you have experienced at my events and workshops. As you climb the initiatory ladder through the various planes, you eventually ascend in a full merger with the I Am Presence, , while still here on Earth.
You don’t have to be perfectly healthy to ascend, or completely free of all negative emotions or ego and the lower self. It is said you have to balance only 51% of your karma to ascend. You’ll feel similar to the person you were before, but you will be operating at a higher octave and carrying more Light. You’ll be more connected to spirit and to the Ascended Masters. In times past, when people took the initiation in which they had the full experience of ascension, they usually left their bodies and went into the spiritual world. However, nowadays people ascend and continue to serve on Earth in order to help bring in the New Age. Even those at lower level initiations who are unaware of the initiation as it happens, or who don’t think of themselves as “spiritual,” are open to finding their life’s purpose and trusting their intuition.
Here are some signs that you could call “symptoms” of ascension:
- You feel like you’re on an emotional rollercoaster. You are easily touched and can cry over any heartwarming moment, even a commercial on television. Try to stay present with your emotions and feel them fully, allowing them to pass through you with ease.
- You feel a stronger connection to nature. You may like animals you never liked before, or appreciate even the coldest winter.
- You may feel like a yo-yo in your energy levels. One day you can barely crawl out of bed, while another day you feel like you’re walking on air and bouncing off the walls. Don’t worry. It will stabilize. This can include unusual sleep patterns, and your dreams may be very intense.
- You may develop food intolerances, allergies, or crave strange foods. Listen to your body and trust it. Remove offending foods and then try them again in a few months.
- You become more aware of synchronicities in your life. Appreciate the guidance you are getting from these signs and messages.
- You may have body aches and pains, especially in the neck, shoulder, and back, which are the result of intense changes in your DNA level as the “Christ seed” awakens in you.
- You may feel called to change your job or career.
- You may feel lonely, even in the company of others. Don’t let this cause you anxiety; it’s just difficult to relate to others at this time. You also may feel like you’ve lost your passion. You simply need to shut down for a while in order to upload the new Christ-seed energy.
- You may feel slightly disoriented and even feel a loss of identity. Who is that person in the mirror? Don’t worry; you are okay.
- You feel a deep desire that is hard to explain to go “home.”
We all evolve at our own pace. Ascension is not a competitive sport. Each of us must go through all the levels, all the initiations, on our way back “home.” So as you celebrate the beginning of Spring and the holidays that give us such deep symbols of spiritual growth and freedom, take a moment to feel gratitude for being on your own journey of ascension!