might ask for your higher self and all the higher beings that are prepared to assist you to influence the movement of the pendulum as you work. It is the movement of the pendulum that will guide you to the information you seek, so you will want to be sure you are open and available to assistance both from your own higher self and your spirit guides.
When you’re ready, your pendulum can provide valuable feedback for good health when you use it to check chakras, which are focal points of energy in the human energy field. The pendulum amplifies energy and can help you locate and gain information about the chakra’s functioning. Here’s where the chakras are located:
- First Chakra – at the base of the spine
- Second Chakra – halfway between the first chakra and the waist
- Third Chakra – halfway between the navel and the breastbone
- Fourth Chakra – in the center of the chest
- Fifth Chakra – in the middle of the throat
- Sixth Chakra – between the eyebrows
- Seventh Chakra – at the top of the head
Begin by having your subject lie down on her back, on a surface at the best height for you to stand in a straight and comfortable posture beside her. Kitchen counters are ideal! With your posture straight and your arm extended a little forward from your body, suspend the pendulum over each energy center, about four inches above the chakras. As the pendulum starts to move, note the direction of its movement. Is it clockwise, counterclockwise, elliptical (irregular), or not moving at all? Write this down, and then move up to the next chakra.
Here are a few ways to interpret the meaning of the pendulum’s movements:
- Clockwise movement indicates that the chakra is open and the feelings governed by it are well balanced and full.
- Counterclockwise movement indicates possible blocked energy or negative experiences with the feelings related to that chakra. Whether the circle is larger or smaller also tells you whether the energy is flowing nicely or restricted.
- An elliptical swing indicates a right- or left-side imbalance of energy flow in the body, perhaps due to overusing either the right masculine side or the left nurturing side.
But what if there is no movement at all? This might indicate that you’re holding the pendulum above the wrong place on the body. If you try again and are sure you are in the correct location, it can indicate that blockage is present.
The size of the chakra is not the size of the circle that the pendulum makes; rather, the size of the pendulum’s circle is a function of your energy field combined with both that of the pendulum and the subject.
It’s important to remember that the health of your own energy field has a direct impact on your effectiveness in reading the other person’s energy centers. Don’t be discouraged when you first begin, if you find that you can’t even figure out where the chakras are. Practice, practice, practice. It won’t be long before you’ll start to see results.
To learn more about your chakra energy centers, join Deborah on an 8-week journey to explore the Secrets of Chakra Wisdom. And if you’re ready for pendulum work, you can get a beautifully balanced, beechwood pendulum right here.