THE LEVELS OF INITIATION
Initiation is the process of connecting back to Source, level by level. It doesn’t happen all at once. In between each initiation, there are sublevels or layers that you must move through to complete that initiation. First and second level initiations are very subtle and most people are not even aware of having them. Beyond the second level, a facilitator is almost always required.
As you are initiated into the higher levels, you are expected to live impeccably in truth, integrity, and love. Spiritual gifts are received when you are able to maintain the higher levels of initiation and pass spiritual tests. Each individual’s tests depend on the lessons he or she needs to learn.
How can you know what your level of initiation is? Ask a qualified facilitator, if you must, but better to simply keep on “chopping wood and carrying water,” doing whatever you can to help others – that’s the best way to keep moving toward your next initiation.
The levels of initiation:
1. Physical Self: Birth—This initiation happens when you find your spiritual path, and are drawn to spiritual books, teachers, etc. The first initiation begins your path of mastery over the physical body and its hungers—sex, food, and so on—in service of the soul or Higher Self. Balance and moderation are the key words. At this level, we have a desire to do good and develop an appreciation for nature.
2. Astral (Emotional Self): Baptism—desire to know one’s true self. The second initiation starts the process of mastering one’s feelings and desires. It requires conscious intent and choosing to move towards the spiritual desire for liberation. Most people stay stuck here the longest because they have a hard time loving themselves, and that’s a prerequisite for the second level. This initiation kickstarts the awakening of the Kundalini.
3. The Soul Merge—The third initiation deals with developing some level of mastery over the mind and your thoughts. This is the first major initiation, merging the Earth psyche with the soul on Earth. It’s where the light of the 8th chakra, the soul star, fully down loads through the body, through the chakra system, and into the center of the earth. It completes the building of the first stage of the Antahkarana (the name used in the Theosophical tradition to describe the bridge of consciousness that links the personality to Spirit). The first stage links the higher mind to the soul and is built by mental substance; the second links the soul to Spirit and is built from light substance. It is achieved by dealing with everyday life in a purposeful and disciplined way. There is a desire to be loving, forgiving, and of service, and a ripening into the first stages of Unity Consciousness. According to Alice Bailey, an individual at this level has fully developed intuition. Completing this initiation normally requires facilitation and can be quite physical.
4. The Crucifixion—Desire for complete knowledge of self. Now things speed up. In the fourth initiation, the soul body (the causal body) burns up and the Higher Self merges back into Spirit—the “Mighty I AM Presence.” From now on, Spirit is your guide, not the soul. This level is also called the initiation of renunciation—letting go of all attachment to money, power, family, reputation, etc. It’s the “Job initiation” where everything is stripped away. Jesus was crucified; Gandhi was shot; Nelson Mandela was thrown into prison for years. They all acted as channels for spiritual will, and sacrificed their lives for their missions. This is the second stage of building the Antahkarana: by dedication to humanity, not for personal liberation. This is the level of the Paramahansa. Here you may remember past lives and can affect your immediate environment.
5. Atma or Atmic Self (Higher Self or Collective Soul): Mastery—Complete unification with peace and harmony. The fifth initiation is the beginning stage of the “Monadic merger,” the “I AM Presence.” It is the very first glimpse of ascension, where the personality on Earth, the soul, and the Monad become unified on Earth. It’s like being a “baby” Master. Brahmanic consciousness becomes Krishna consciousness.
6. Monad or Monadic Self (God Self): Decision—service. The sixth initiation is the actual experience of ascension, which moves you into the fifth dimension, with full access to spiritual bliss and all the resources of the Unified Field; you start to use light-energies, Shiva consciousness. At this point, you can choose to leave Earth or stay and serve humanity to help usher in the “new age.” You will basically feel the same as you did before, but you will be carrying more Light, and be more connected to Spirit. The ascension ceremony can occur in a group situation. At this time you choose which path of higher evolution you will follow when you leave this plane.
7. Logoic (Cosmic Self): Resurrection—complete liberation from Earth-bound functions. Development of transcendent ascension abilities. This is the highest initiation that can be taken on the Earthly plane. The Logos is a group of all the Monads on this planet (about 200 billion souls). Those who are seventh degree initiates are the World Teachers. The seventh initiation causes an implosion of energy in the heart chakra and all the chakras become one column of Light. It is the beginning of transcending all physical laws and a total commitment to service. It has been referred to as the initiation of “resurrection” because the son or daughter of God has found his way back to the Father and to Source, that state called Shamballa. The seventh initiation begins involvement with extra planetary existence.
8. Group Soul: Transition—taken on the inner plane after leaving the physical plane. The Lower Self and Higher Self completely merge. The first full cycle of ascension is complete, and a new cycle begins, going from the Physical to the Astral level. The Lower Self occupies the foot and the new Higher Self energizes the crown chakra, beginning identification with the Elohim frequencies. Communication here is through telepathy.
9. Group Monadic: Cosmic Astral Birth—sometimes called “The refusal,” this is the last contact with cosmic evil as it exists on this planet. This is the level of the “Lord of the World”/“The Ancient of Days”—the governing deity of Earth. Consciousness is so expanded it can understand all life on the planet at once—omniscience.
10. Solar Self: This is the level of the astral baptism.
11. Galactic Self: This level is sometimes called the “Cosmic Astral Transfiguration” and involves Sirius.
12. Universal Self (Zohar Body): Sometimes called the “Cosmic Astral Crucifixion,” here the energy purifies the planet and creates integration for the benefit of the universe. The Avatar of Synthesis is here (although some say at the 17th level of initiation).
Spiritual growth goes on far beyond planetary ascension. There is solar ascension, galactic ascension, universal, and multi-universal ascension, followed by cosmic levels of initiation. Some say that there are 352 levels of initiation back to the Godhead, while others believe that the number of levels of initiation ultimately depends on the physical size of the Cosmos, in which case there could be even thousands of levels of initiation.
If you find yourself attracted to this material, chances are you ripe for a higher initiation. I teach all about initiations in my online/teleconference program; join me there and prepare yourself for your next initiation. And if you think you’re “ripe fruit” and ready for me to move you up now, come to one of my workshops and together we’ll make it happen – I can take you as high as you are ready to go!