Derived from the Latin word meditation which means “to think, contemplate, devise, ponder”, meditation is the practice of focusing your attention to help you feel calm and give you a clear awareness about your life. Meditation has been used and practiced in Eastern societies for many thousands of years, and is now widely practiced in the West as well. In recent years especially, there has been an increasing consciousness of the positive effects meditation has on both the individual and on society.
But what is meditation exactly? Meditation involves turning your attention inward and focusing your mind to a place where you are connecting to source and to your universal self. While it is often considered a spiritual or religious practice, it has become much more mainstream in today’s Western cultures. Meditation is a tool that many use for personal development and growth and many successful and happy individuals swear by its benefits.
There are several methods of meditation available to help you find the peace of mind you are seeking. A daily practice of 20 minutes, twice a day, can be an amazing gift you give yourself. Meditation will help you tune in to your waking life in a way you never thought you could experience. Your consciousness will expand and you will be able to tap into a universal energy that will assist you in healing yourself and your life. It is here that you will unlock what is meditation.
Meditation paves the way for emotional healing. It is also an excellent method to balance your chakras. On an energetic level, meditation will assist you in removing any blockages that come from holding onto anger and resentment. Meditation ushers in what may be the most important part of the energy healing process, forgiveness. Forgiveness opens up our connection to other people and paves the way for global peace. By raising your consciousness, you are helping everyone else on this planet do the same. We are all connected by one vast field of energy.
It is essential if you wish to learn meditation, that you receive meditation instruction from a qualified teacher. Meditation is not a technique you can pick up simply by reading about it online or in a book. If you are interested in learning to meditate, please find a qualified teacher in your area, or learn with Deborah King. Deborah can walk you through the proper steps to learning what is meditation through her meditation workshops.
Deborah King Center offers meditation instruction from Deborah’s live meditation workshops via internet download. Deborah will give you your own personal mantra to use as you learn and practice meditation in the comfort and tranquility of your very own living room.
“Meditation gives us peace of mind without a tranquillizer. And unlike a tranquillizer, the peace of mind that we get from meditation does not fade away. It lasts for good in some corner of the inmost recesses of our aspiring heart.” – Sri Chinmoy
Do you feel like you are being pulled in a thousand different directions? Are your work, family, school, and personal interests all competing for your time and attention? Do you feel overwhelmed by obligations and commitments? Do you get a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you see your to-do list? Is there any place on that list that says you take time out for yourself? As if you have the time!
Well, the good news is you can make the time and you don’t have to leave the world to do so! Here are some tips and meditation techniques to help you get on the right track to finding your sense of calm and connecting with your soul with some daily meditation:
Take a few minutes to meditate first thing in the morning when you wake up, before you leave the bedroom, take your shower, check your email and phone messages, check on the kids and animals, or eat breakfast. Just 10-20 minutes of daily meditation in the morning will start your day in a much less frazzled manner.
If you are having a particularly difficult afternoon, give yourself a 10-minute meditation break. If you have an office, shut the door. One of the meditation techniques that is handy if you are on a bus or train is you can pretend that you are taking a nap (just be sure no one will startle you as you do not want to come out of your meditative state too suddenly and get a headache.)
Make your space “Quiet-Proof” – Preparing your space can be as simple as closing your door, turning the sound to your computer and phones off, leaving a “Do Not Disturb” sign on the door for delivery folks who may ring the doorbell, or taking your dog for that walk just before you meditate. If you are super sensitive to noises, you can try putting on a pair of noise cancellation headphones.
If you find yourself falling asleep during the time you’re making for your daily meditation, that is 100% okay! If your body is demanding a few minutes of sleep, you should give yourself the sleep it needs. However, if you find that you are falling asleep every time you sit down to meditate, then you may need to look at giving yourself more hours of zzz’s in the night and consider going to sleep at an earlier bedtime.
Another great time to fit in some daily meditation is towards the end of the day, around 5 or 6pm (adjust as needed for your own schedule) before you eat dinner and start to unwind for the evening. Again, just try 10-20 minutes of quiet “me” time and see if you can make this part of your daily routine.
The more often you make the time for it, the more you will find that daily meditation will not feel like a chore or something from your “to do” list. You will look forward to these moments of tuning into your higher self and connecting to source. There are boundless benefits of daily meditation.
Before your begin your journey of meditation and self-healing, you should be sure you learn to meditate properly from an instructor. Check out the Deborah King Center live meditation workshop via internet download. Deborah will give you your own personal mantra and meditation techniques to use as you learn and practice meditation in the comfort and tranquility of your very own living room. To purchase this workshop download or for more information, please go to Deborah King’s Meditation Download.
Meditation is often misunderstood and misinterpreted. As a result, many people miss out on one of the most amazing gifts they can give themselves, one that connects them to their universal self.
Here are some common MYTHS about meditation techniques:
Proper meditation techniques involve turning your attention inward and focusing your mind to a place where you are connecting to source and to your universal self. While you may go to a “quieter” place during your meditation, the real purpose of meditation is to actually tune in to yourself more. By tuning in, you will be reaping the benefits of meditation which include connecting to your higher self and the universal energy field – the field of All That Is.
Meditation is the opposite of avoidance. While you are clearing your mind from distractions, you are not running away from problems, fears, annoyances, or whatever your daily concerns may be. Rather, the benefits of meditation will help you focus better and gain clarity on how to handle these troublesome issues.
While some meditation techniques do call for the “lotus” position, there are several different types of meditation which require you not to cross your legs. “OM” is one mantra, or part of a mantra. There are several mantras used in meditation techniques. Deborah King’s meditation techniques include Deborah personally choosing a mantra for you that is unique to you, generally originating from an ancient seed sound.
This is a common misconception about meditation. While one of the many benefits of meditation is connecting to source, or God, one does not need to be religious to heal and empower oneself through meditation.
Anyone and everyone can learn meditation and put those meditation techniques to good use! You can be young, old, active, disabled, male, female – absolutely everyone can and deserves to have this wonderful blessing in their lives. We are all connected at the spiritual level and we can all reach a better understanding of both our society and ourselves if we tune in. The best way to learn meditation is through a trained instructor who can guide you properly and teach you correct meditation techniques.
Even western scientific studies are coming forward with proof that meditation has real actual benefits. The benefits of meditation include physical, mental, and spiritual benefits. From reduced stress and anxiety to increased clarity and awareness, meditation can lead you on a path to true happiness and relaxation, as well as boost your immune system and help you fight illnesses!
While it is clear that the benefits of meditation are plenty, meditation does not and should not be used to “cure” diseases or change an individual’s complete personality. Meditation techniques can provide the tools and path for one to follow in order to improve one’s life, but it does not mean that every person who meditates listens to their inner self and acts upon it. It is up to each of us as individuals to not just listen and tune in, but to also follow the guidance towards a greater self and inner consciousness.
While meditation is often associated with Buddhism and thought to be an Eastern or foreign practice, it has become increasingly popular and even mainstream in the West. Meditation techniques are not limited to any religion, culture, or geographic location – anyone, anywhere in the world, can practice daily meditation. And people all over the world do!
While meditation increases your ability to relax and become a calmer person, it is not just a matter of thinking blank thoughts and letting your mind wander…there are proven and studied meditation techniques which not only soothe your mind, but also connect you to your higher self and the greater energy field which connects us all. It is a technique that only gets better and better with practice and frequency.
The best way to learn proper meditation techniques is from a qualified instructor who will work directly with you. Since meditation has become more mainstream and recognized by the medical and psychological communities for its stress-reducing benefits, it is super important that you learn correct meditation techniques which will connect you to the unified field instead of simply learning stress-reducing exercises. You will see so many more benefits of meditation if you are meditating properly!
The Deborah King Center offers a live meditation workshop via internet download. Deborah will give you your own personal mantra and teach you proper meditation techniques to use as you learn and practice meditation in the comfort of your own home. To purchase this mediation workshop download or for more information, please go to Deborah King’s Meditation Download.
If you’re like most, you have learned that there is no shortcut to wellness. It requires us to take a holistic approach that honors our mind and body connection. It requires us to be painfully honest with ourselves. And it requires us to trust ourselves and gain insight from age-old teaching principals and from a higher power.
Learning the techniques of energy healing and embracing of a new state of consciousness can help you achieve your goal of wellness. Energy healing has sparked an incredible amount of curiosity lately for good reason. It is completely safe and natural and has the potential to heal what ails us in every area of our lives whether it is mental, emotional, physical or spiritual.
Most of Deborah King’s clients pursue a wellness path after they see patterns in their thoughts and behaviors—and their health. If you’d like information on those patterns, download her New York Times best-seller, Truth Heals: What You Hide Can Hurt You, which helps you answers questions like these:
Is your body feeling weighed down by negative thoughts and unconscious beliefs? Is your intuition telling you that there might be a tie-in with your recent illness and an emotional and painful experience? Is your heart yearning for more balance and wellness in your life? You are not alone. Thousands of Deborah’s clients started their journey toward greater mind-body healing with similar acknowledgement.
The mind-body connection is extremely powerful and potent. When both are in balance, they can heal and transform our lives. However, when they are not, they can lead us to shut down our beneficial energies and become ill. So it is very important not to ignore our mind-body healing potential. The more we can appreciate it; the greater means we have at our disposal to heal ourselves.
From a historical standpoint, we have gone from honoring and dishonoring mind-body healing to just recently embracing it once more as the optimal path to health and wellness.
Past cultures who had a low regard for the mind and body connection under appreciated the human ability to profoundly heal themselves and others. For instance, the Greeks and the Jews believed in a split between the mind and body. The Greek’s felt sickness indicated disfavor from the gods and was seen as a matter of luck or fate. The Judaic view, on the other hand, regarded sickness as a punishment of sin. It wasn’t until Jesus came on the scene that healing became an attainable gift again and the prior, destructive mindset shifted. Jesus’ healing ministry ushered in a new consciousness that emphasized compassion and care, teaching that sickness was in no way a punishment, and it did not indicate any disfavor from God.
Through the adoption and practice of better mind & body integration, we can learn to heal the ailments that limit us—and remove the unnecessary roadblocks to our path to happiness and wellness.
A great first step is to learn more about energy healing, which focuses on healing you as a whole person using teachings and techniques of past priests, shamans and master healers. Ancient societies identified energy centers or chakras in the human body that had the potential for healing. Considered an exciting new field of modern medicine, energy healing is generating lots of attention. Learn why.
Expressing our spiritual truths about who we are and what we really want is the key to peace and spiritual wellness. By listening to ourselves, trusting ourselves and acknowledging what we really feel, we are allowed to change what is not working and to live in a more meaningful, purposeful way.
Most often our spiritual truths are translated into the language we know. For some of us, the religion we grew up with is the best language; for others, a system of our own choosing makes more sense. Whatever your beliefs or spiritual path, know that the divine will manifest itself in the language and imagery with which you are most comfortable.
Destiny comes to us as small taps at our consciousness. If the little signals don’t get through to us, destiny may hit us over the head with greater force. Sometimes our destiny, or spiritual truths, can smash right through the wall that we have built between our life and our divine purpose causing us to rethink our lives. If you are at a similar crossroads, the Deborah King Center workshops and programs can help you become more open to your spiritual truths.
Trusting ourselves is a challenge for many of us. Ask yourself: Do you trust that you are loved, protected and supported? Do you trust that everything is working out for your highest good? If you don’t, you might want to start asking the divine for more trust then wait for signs that your life and God are listening. Here’s how:
Through this work, I have learned that we can run from our destiny for only so long before God makes it impossible for us to continue doing so.
Remember to keep your mind open while you seek your spiritual truths. And remember trusting yourself is key. Good luck.
Initiation is the process of connecting back to Source, level by level. It doesn’t happen all at once. In between each initiation, there are sublevels or layers that you must move through to complete that initiation. First and second level initiations are very subtle and most people are not even aware of having them. Beyond the second level, a facilitator is almost always required.
As you are initiated into the higher levels, you are expected to live impeccably in truth, integrity, and love. Spiritual gifts are received when you are able to maintain the higher levels of initiation and pass spiritual tests. Each individual’s tests depend on the lessons he or she needs to learn.
How can you know what your level of initiation is? Ask a qualified facilitator, if you must, but better to simply keep on “chopping wood and carrying water,” doing whatever you can to help others – that’s the best way to keep moving toward your next initiation.
1. Physical Self: Birth—This initiation happens when you find your spiritual path, and are drawn to spiritual books, teachers, etc. The first initiation begins your path of mastery over the physical body and its hungers—sex, food, and so on—in service of the soul or Higher Self. Balance and moderation are the key words. At this level, we have a desire to do good and develop an appreciation for nature.
2. Astral (Emotional Self): Baptism—desire to know one’s true self. The second initiation starts the process of mastering one’s feelings and desires. It requires conscious intent and choosing to move towards the spiritual desire for liberation. Most people stay stuck here the longest because they have a hard time loving themselves, and that’s a prerequisite for the second level. This initiation kickstarts the awakening of the Kundalini.
3. The Soul Merge—The third initiation deals with developing some level of mastery over the mind and your thoughts. This is the first major initiation, merging the Earth psyche with the soul on Earth. It’s where the light of the 8th chakra, the soul star, fully down loads through the body, through the chakra system, and into the center of the earth. It completes the building of the first stage of the Antahkarana (the name used in the Theosophical tradition to describe the bridge of consciousness that links the personality to Spirit). The first stage links the higher mind to the soul and is built by mental substance; the second links the soul to Spirit and is built from light substance. It is achieved by dealing with everyday life in a purposeful and disciplined way. There is a desire to be loving, forgiving, and of service, and a ripening into the first stages of Unity Consciousness. According to Alice Bailey, an individual at this level has fully developed intuition. Completing this initiation normally requires facilitation and can be quite physical.
4. The Crucifixion—Desire for complete knowledge of self. Now things speed up. In the fourth initiation, the soul body (the causal body) burns up and the Higher Self merges back into Spirit—the “Mighty I AM Presence.” From now on, Spirit is your guide, not the soul. This level is also called the initiation of renunciation—letting go of all attachment to money, power, family, reputation, etc. It’s the “Job initiation” where everything is stripped away. Jesus was crucified; Gandhi was shot; Nelson Mandela was thrown into prison for years. They all acted as channels for spiritual will, and sacrificed their lives for their missions. This is the second stage of building the Antahkarana: by dedication to humanity, not for personal liberation. This is the level of the Paramahansa. Here you may remember past lives and can affect your immediate environment.
5. Atma or Atmic Self (Higher Self or Collective Soul): Mastery—Complete unification with peace and harmony. The fifth initiation is the beginning stage of the “Monadic merger,” the “I AM Presence.” It is the very first glimpse of ascension, where the personality on Earth, the soul, and the Monad become unified on Earth. It’s like being a “baby” Master. Brahmanic consciousness becomes Krishna consciousness.
6. Monad or Monadic Self (God Self): Decision—service. The sixth initiation is the actual experience of ascension, which moves you into the fifth dimension, with full access to spiritual bliss and all the resources of the Unified Field; you start to use light-energies, Shiva consciousness. At this point, you can choose to leave Earth or stay and serve humanity to help usher in the “new age.” You will basically feel the same as you did before, but you will be carrying more Light, and be more connected to Spirit. The ascension ceremony can occur in a group situation. At this time you choose which path of higher evolution you will follow when you leave this plane.
7. Logoic (Cosmic Self): Resurrection—complete liberation from Earth-bound functions. Development of transcendent ascension abilities. This is the highest initiation that can be taken on the Earthly plane. The Logos is a group of all the Monads on this planet (about 200 billion souls). Those who are seventh degree initiates are the World Teachers. The seventh initiation causes an implosion of energy in the heart chakra and all the chakras become one column of Light. It is the beginning of transcending all physical laws and a total commitment to service. It has been referred to as the initiation of “resurrection” because the son or daughter of God has found his way back to the Father and to Source, that state called Shamballa. The seventh initiation begins involvement with extra planetary existence.
8. Group Soul: Transition—taken on the inner plane after leaving the physical plane. The Lower Self and Higher Self completely merge. The first full cycle of ascension is complete, and a new cycle begins, going from the Physical to the Astral level. The Lower Self occupies the foot and the new Higher Self energizes the crown chakra, beginning identification with the Elohim frequencies. Communication here is through telepathy.
9. Group Monadic: Cosmic Astral Birth—sometimes called “The refusal,” this is the last contact with cosmic evil as it exists on this planet. This is the level of the “Lord of the World”/“The Ancient of Days”—the governing deity of Earth. Consciousness is so expanded it can understand all life on the planet at once—omniscience.
10. Solar Self: This is the level of the astral baptism.
11. Galactic Self: This level is sometimes called the “Cosmic Astral Transfiguration” and involves Sirius.
12. Universal Self (Zohar Body): Sometimes called the “Cosmic Astral Crucifixion,” here the energy purifies the planet and creates integration for the benefit of the universe. The Avatar of Synthesis is here (although some say at the 17th level of initiation).
Spiritual growth goes on far beyond planetary ascension. There is solar ascension, galactic ascension, universal, and multi-universal ascension, followed by cosmic levels of initiation. Some say that there are 352 levels of initiation back to the Godhead, while others believe that the number of levels of initiation ultimately depends on the physical size of the Cosmos, in which case there could be even thousands of levels of initiation.
If you find yourself attracted to this material, chances are you ripe for a higher initiation. I teach all about initiations in my online/teleconference program; join me there and prepare yourself for your next initiation. And if you think you’re “ripe fruit” and ready for me to move you up now, come to one of my workshops and together we’ll make it happen – I can take you as high as you are ready to go!