How many times have you been aching and feverish in bed, or coughing and shivering with a cold, and wished that you could avoid getting sick ever again? Probably every time—I sure do! Being sick is harmful in so many ways. Even minor illness like flus and colds wreak havoc on your body and your energy field, and the negative side effects of sluggishness, soreness, and slowed mental capacities last for days after you start feeling better.
Your Body and Energy Field Are Inextricably Linked
If you’re taking my Hay House LifeForce Energy Healing Online Course or otherwise know about energy medicine, you know that your body was created from your human energy field. In fact, your personal energy field existed before your body and held the template for your physical body which then manifested when you were born. This means your energy field and your body are inextricably linked, so when your body is affected by an illness or injury, it’s reflected in your chakras and your personal energy field. Repairing any weaknesses or imbalances in your energy field will support the corresponding issues in the body. This is the foundation of energy healing.
When Something Feels “Off”
Unlike traditional western medicine, energy healers like me can sense illness well in advance of when it appears in your body. You can probably sense it, too. When you feel “off,” but medical doctors can’t find a cause, it’s often because the problem in your field hasn’t yet physically manifested. If left untreated, a distorted chakra or other disruption of your energy flow will eventually show up as sickness of varying degrees, depending on the severity of the energy block.
If you think about it, what this means is that illness is essentially psychosomatic—a bodily reaction produced by the mind. Now, I don’t mean to say that your pain or ailment is imaginary or “all in your head.” It is much more complicated than that.
Consciousness Creates Sickness
Your consciousness interacts with your body through your energy field, so your thoughts, feelings, attitudes, and everything that makes up your current self affects both your body and your energy field since both are connected to that consciousness.
Your thoughts and feelings directly impact your energy field, which we have already established directly impacts your body. Then it follows that since your consciousness affects your body, all illness is self-inflicted, though not intentionally of course. I see it all the time as a spiritual teacher, negative thoughts and feelings really can and do make you sick if you do not process and deal with them.
Avoid Sickness by Keeping Your Field Clear
With this powerful insight, you now know that to avoid feeling physically sick, you need to maintain the health of your energy field. Generally, attending healing courses, journaling to express your true emotions, and daily meditation can go a long way in keeping your chakras clear and charged. But to delve even deeper into the state of your energy field, you’ll want to understand the levels of the field, and the specific characteristics and influences of each.
There are seven main levels of your energy field, listed below. These levels interpenetrate each other and your body and extend beyond your physical form. Each level reaches out a few inches past the previous one and is a step higher in vibration—like a higher octave.
Reach New Levels of Understanding
Each level feels and looks a certain way when it is healthy, and when it is over- or under-charged. It does take practice to learn to sense the state of these energy levels, but with some training from an energy healer, you’ll eventually be able to perceive the health of all seven levels of your own and others’ energy fields!
The seven levels of the field are explained in detail in my Hay House LifeForce Energy Healing Online Course, including how each level should appear and feel when it is operating optimally and when it has been weakened, which areas of your life are impacted by each level, and, most importantly, how energy medicine can improve the health of all seven levels, but here is a brief overview.
The Seven Levels of the Field
1. Etheric body. This level is the closest to your body, just a few inches beyond your skin. This level is associated with pain and pleasure, and is the easiest to self-assess. This level is all about the physical: your senses and your body experiencing life.
2. Emotional body. This level is a mirror for your feelings about yourself. When you don’t love yourself enough, this level can look dirty like smog. If you do have a lot of self-blame, or self-shame, energy healing can help lift your self-esteem and clear up this level of your field.
3. Mental body. This level governs learning and focus, and tends to be relatively strong in modern cultures. We tend to be intellectually motivated, often so much that we forget or ignore our emotions and “gut” reactions.
- Astral level. This is the level that is associated with your relationship to everything in the universe, everything outside yourself. If this level is weak, you may avoid intimacy and have difficulty with relationships.
- Etheric template. This level is so important—it holds the blueprint for your physical form and is the level that connects to divine will. If you feel as if you are disconnected from many aspects of your life, this level may need some work.
- Celestial body. This is the level associated with divine love, and, when healthy, looks like gorgeous streams of rainbow-colored light. Meditation is especially effective for charging this level, and without a strong sixth level, it will be difficult for you to have the spiritual experiences you’re seeking.
- Causal body. Think of this level like a golden egg around your body—a protective coating that keeps your energy field safe and contained.
If you would like to learn more about the seven levels of your energy field and how healthy they—and you—are, check out my Hay House LifeForce Online Energy Healing Online Course, which will teach you how to heal yourself and others, and certifies you in the exciting field of energy medicine!