Do you ever feel like your life is happening TO you?
What if you could shape your life so it works WITH you, and FOR you?
Lucid dreaming is a powerful tool for influencing not only what happens in your dreams, but also what happens in your waking life.
What exactly is lucid dreaming?
Lucid dreaming is clear dreaming — it’s the act of being consciously aware when you’re dreaming. It’s when you’re asleep, and yet you know that you’re dreaming — and you control what happens in the dream with awareness and intentionality.
Cultures all over the world throughout history have worked with lucid dreaming. The oldest reference is from around 800 BCE, in the Hindu Upanishads. Eighth-century Tibetan Buddhists also described lucid dream practices in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. And Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle all explored the nature of reality during their nightly journeys. The term itself was coined in the 1900s by a Dutch psychiatrist named Frederik van Eeden.
How to lucid dream
In this 12-minute video, I will lead you through a powerful practice to prepare you to lucid dream TONIGHT.
I share details about lucid dreaming, with a focus on technique and practice — to give you tools so you can easily work with the unlimited field of possibility that is your dreams.
Benefits of lucid dreaming
When you’re aware that you’re dreaming, you can consciously:
- Change jobs
- Find a partner
- Communicate with loved ones — alive or passed on
- Resolve conflict with someone you’re having trouble with
- Learn what’s hidden in your subconscious mind
- Fly, shape shift, or HEAL!
- Meet your goals (don’t miss the video’s 5-minute mark, where I describe how I used lucid dreaming to influence my ski-racing results)
- Or just have fun and explore new possibilities
Want to soar through the air, speak another language, swim in a coral reef, or try out some other new skill or adventure tonight?
How to set your intention
In the video I walk you through a calming meditation to set your intention for lucid dreaming this evening. Once you’ve had this intention-setting experience, you’ll know how to do it on your own, anytime.
Here are a few prompts to jot down so you can set your intention any night:
- Sit or lie down comfortably and take a deep breath. Send that breath down your legs, releasing any tension in your body through the soles of your feet. Send your next breath down your arms, releasing any pain through your fingertips. Breathe into your heart, releasing any fears or negative emotions as you exhale. Breathe into the top of your head, releasing any discomfort or unwanted thoughts with your exhale.
- Imagine a white or golden light above you. It’s brilliant, warm, and soothing. Let it completely surround you. Extend this light throughout the room you’re in, feeling enveloped in comfort and safety.
- Call in the presence of the Higher Beings to guide you. Your Higher Self, your Spiritual Guides, or an angel such as Archangel Michael — all the beautiful beings who are available to keep you safe anytime. You just need to call them and they’ll come.
- Now, set the intention that you will lucid dream tonight. Say aloud or simply think, “Tonight, I will know when I’m dreaming.” Later on, before you fall asleep, repeat again: “I intend that I will know when I’m dreaming.” It’s that easy.
- Set an intention for what you’re going to dream about. This can be whatever you want, whether you want to solve a problem, meet a goal, do something fun like take a trip somewhere…
Another key to lucid dreaming that I encourage for you is keeping a dream journal.
Sweet dreams! May you have fun working with the deep reservoir of possibility that resides in your soul tonight.
Want to learn more about lucid dreaming to influence your waking life? Check out my free online event Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 2pm Pacific.