Frequently Asked Questions
When should I arrive?
The Hallowed Retreat takes place Thursday, October 31, to Sunday, November 3.
The retreat starts with a pre-day full of complementary workshops. Come early, ready to learn, share, and connect. On Thursday eve, the action kicks off with a spiritual celebration worthy of All Hallow’s Eve.
What is included in the ticket price?
Your ticket includes access to the entire 4-day event, including the first day of pre-workshops, complements of the Deborah King Center.
What is NOT included in the ticket price?
Flights, hotel accommodation, and meals are not included in the ticket price. Upon purchase of your ticket, you will be able to book your stay at the wonderful Ojai Valley Inn at a special room rate designated for the Deborah King Center.
What is the refund policy if I can’t attend?
Due to the requirements of the host hotel, we are unable to offer refunds on purchased tickets. However, if something should come up that prevents you from attending the event, we allow for free transfer of tickets to other Retreats.
How can I book a room at the Ojai Valley Inn?
Please call the Ojai Valley Inn at 855-697-8780. Make sure to ask for the special Deborah King Center room block while it is still available.
Note: If you live in the surrounding LA, Ventura, or Santa Barbara counties, you may attend this event as a day student.
What airport should I fly to?
Ojai is accessible by car after a flight to one of three regional airports: LAX, Santa Barbara, and Burbank.
How much is the parking at the hotel?
As an additional benefit of attending the event, the Ojai Valley Inn has agreed to credit its typical $25/day parking fee for our guests. Thus, onsite parking is free (tips appreciated if you choose the valet option).
Is there Wi-Fi?
While Wi-Fi is available at the Ojai Valley Inn.
What should I bring with me?
Bring several layers of clothing, so that you can always be comfortable during the 4-day event. Most importantly, bring an open mind and positive attitude and be prepared to laugh, to cry, and to have an amazing time!
What is the full workshop schedule?
- Thursday, October 31st, 8am – 4pm, 12 complimentary mini-workshops by some of Deborah’s most advanced Grad student teachers
- Thursday, October 31st, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, Official Start of Retreat, led by Deborah
- Friday, November 1st, 9am – 12pm, and 2pm – 5pm, Workshop session
- Friday, November 1st, 7pm – 9pm, Workshop session
- Saturday, November 2nd, 9am – 12pm, and 2pm – 5pm, Workshop session
- Saturday, November 2nd, 7pm – 9pm, Workshop session
- Sunday, November 3rd, 8am – 8:45am, Case Study Review for LFEH IV/V students only
- Sunday, November 3rd, 9am – 12pm, Workshop session
- Sunday, November 3rd, 12pm, the After-Party!