Using a Pendulum to Check Chakras
Using a pendulum can prove quite valuable. You can use this powerful tool to check the chakras or energy centers of others. The pendulum will give you feedback about the location of each chakra and its movement, so that the process of clearing chakras will be much easier. Knowing where your chakra imbalance lies is the first step in being able to treat it, so checking chakras is a wonderful way to help someone start their healing process.
The great news is that anyone can learn to use a pendulum, but it does take some practice and patience to use it correctly and accurately. Like with any new skill or instrument, you get better with more use and practice.
You should start with a wood pendulum (not metal, crystal or stone). I recommend a conical shaped pendulum made from beechwood. If you do not have one already, you can purchase one by clicking here:
Keep your new pendulum close to your body for a few days before using it so that it can soak up your energy. It is important for your pendulum to resonate with your energy. Next, you should bless your pendulum by letting your higher self and your spirit guides know that you would like their assistance in influencing the pendulum’s movement. It is the movement of the pendulum that will serve as your guidance, so you want to be sure you are open and available to the assistance from both your higher self and your spirit guides, and be sure that they know that too. Make sure you do the blessing before each and every pendulum use.
Before using the pendulum on another, make sure you are very familiar with where the chakras are located. Here are your chakra locations:
- Your First Chakra is located at the base of the spine.
- Your Second Chakra is located halfway between the first chakra and the waist.
- Your Third Chakra is located halfway between the naval and the breastbone.
- Your Fourth Chakra is located in the center of the chest.
- Your Fifth Chakra is located in the center of the throat.
- Your Sixth Chakra is located between the eyebrows.
- Your Seventh Chakra is located at the top of the head.
Have your subject lie down on their back on a surface that is tall enough for you to have a comfortable position and not be leaning into them. You do not want to create a push, where you are pushing your own energy onto theirs. Start by holding the cord of the pendulum between your thumb and forefinger about 4-6 inches (or 10-15 cm) above each chakra. When the pendulum moves, notice its direction and movement. This movement is what you will analyze in order to check the chakras:
- If the pendulum moves clockwise, then that chakra is open and well-balanced and full.
- If the pendulum moves counter-clockwise, then there may be a blocked energy or negative experiences with the feelings relating to that chakra.
- If the pendulum moves in an elliptical swing, there may be a right- or left-side imbalance of energy flowing in the body. This may be due to overusing the right masculine side or the left nurturing side.
- If the pendulum moves in an erratic swing, it is possible that your friend may have recently changed their beliefs or are going through a spiritual upheaval, which can affect the chakra’s movement and cause it to move erratically for a couple of days.
- If the pendulum does not move at all, you may be holding the pendulum in the incorrect location. If that is not the case, then there may be a blockage in that chakra.
Be aware that the size of the pendulum’s circle is a result of your energy field, the pendulum’s energy field and your subject’s energy field all combined together. This means that your own chakra health and the health of your own energy field will have a direct impact on how effective you are at reading others’ chakras.
With practice and experience, you will be able to pick up on all of the different chakra qualities and be able to read whether someone is going through joy, peace, clarity, heaviness, darkness, or depression – all from checking their chakras with your pendulum! Stay patient with yourself as you figure out where the chakras are and how to properly use your pendulum to check them. This skill is indeed a learned and practiced skill that will improve with time and experience. You will see results if you keep at it and practice!
You can read more about using pendulums in my book Be Your Own Shaman (Hay House, 2011), available here:
Learning to use a pendulum will help you progress on your journey of inner growth and will connect you to your higher self. You will be amazed at how much easier clearing chakras will be once you know the proper way to check them and where the imbalance lies. So tap into the power of the pendulum and start reading chakras today!